Boulder Endless Energy Fiber's Friend (Key Part Of New Detox Kit)
Fiber's Friend is part of the new Advanced Detox protocol, which also includes the ALL IN ONE formula the Essential Fiber and Glutathione. Fiber's Friend has been formulated by the leading MD supplement manufacturer to work hand in hand with the Essential Fiber. It helps to speed elimination to make sure removed toxins do not get re-absorbed. This is part of a kit that has been developed by our manufacturing partner, as well as independently recommended by multiple MD's that we work with. This product is literally "fiber's friend."
Here are the 3 ingredients:
Magnesium Magnesium citrate, the type of magnesium in Fiber's Friend, is used for colonoscopy preparation. Chosen for its promotion of muscle relaxation and effective elimination of feces through the bowel, magnesium citrate is also highly bioavailable.
As a macromineral, magnesium supports cell, tissue, and organ function and participates in over 300 metabolic reactions in the body. This essential mineral plays a pivotal role in energy-producing reactions, detoxifcation, muscle and nerve function, and skeletal structure.[2,3] Magnesium can readily become depleted due to inadequate intake, poor absorption, excessive losses, and drug- induced nutrient depletions.*
Cape Aloe (Aloe ferox) Cape Aloe has a long history of use in
South Africa and continues to be closely studied for its valuable attributes, speci cally how it supports GI regularity. The herb is ideally used in the short term to support the elimination of feces and subsequently the elimination of toxins. Recent research suggests that Cape Aloe supports gastrointestinal regularity and is well tolerated. Administration of the herb in animals showed no negative toxicological effects at doses of up to 200 mg/kg body weight over a seven-day period.*
Triphala Triphala comprises three sour, astringent fruits: Emblica of cinalis (amla), Terminalia belerica (behada), and Terminalia chebula(harada). This tannin-rich herbal compound has been used traditionally for supporting digestion, assimilation, and elimination. Triphala is considered to be a cornerstone of the art and practice of Ayurveda, and it is used throughout India in herbal products. Modern-day clinical trials have con rmed the bene ts of traditional uses of triphala, especially gastrointestinal support. Researchers indicated that triphala positively supports appetite, GI health, and rejuvenation.*
Here are the references for the 3 main ingredients in this formula, the ingredient panel is listed below.
1. Walker AF, Marakis G, Christie S, et al. Mg citrate found more bioavailable than other Mg preparations in a randomised, double-blind study. Magnes Res. 2003 Sep; 16(3):183-91. [PMID: 14596323]
2. Laires MJ, Monteiro CP, Bicho M. Role of cellular magnesium in health and human disease. Front Biosci. 2004 Jan 1;9:262-76. [PMID: 14766364]
3. Krinsky DL, LaValle JB, Hawkins EB, et al. Natural Therapeutics Pocket Guide, 2nd ed. Hudson, OH: Lexi-Comp; 2003.
4. Magwa ML, Gundidza M, Coopoosamy RM, et al. Chemical composition of volatile constituents from the leaves of Aloe ferox. Afr J Biotechnol. 2006 Sept;5(18):1652-1654.
5. Wintola OA, Sunmonu TO, Afolayan AJ. Toxicological evaluation of aqueous extract of Aloe ferox Mill. in loperamide-induced constipated rats. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2011 May;30(5):425-31. [PMID: 20498033]
6. Jagetia GC, Baliga MS, Malagi KJ, et al. The evaluation of the radioprotective effect of Triphala (an ayurvedic rejuvenating drug) in the mice exposed to gamma-radiation. Phytomedicine. 2002 Mar;9(2):99-108. [PMID: 11995956]
7. Mukherjee PK, Rai S, Bhattacharyya S, et al. Clinical study of “triphala” – a well-known phytomedicine from India. Iranian J Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Jan;5(1):51-54. http://www.bioline.org.br/request?pt06008. Accessed June 18, 2012.