I've been working on recipes that really boost skin health, taste amazing, are easy (15 minutes at the most!) and make you feel really good.
Some important micronutrients for skin health include:
- Vitamin C: important protein for making your skin supple and for the synthesis of collagen.
- Vitamin E: helps fight free radicals, the catalyst for aging skin and wrinkles :(
- Selenium: Maintains skin elasticity
- Omega 3's: Reduces inflammation and manages cortisol to keep skin supple
- Vitamin A + Beta-Carotene: Essential for skin repair
All of my recipes won't have every micronutrient in it but they are focused on these micronutrients as well as taking out some of the reactive foods, like dairy that can irritate your skin. I have a secret that helps make coconut milk taste just like full butter cream and I use it in my soups!
Here's the first one. Made it today. It's AMAZING
Alicen's Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup
- 1 large leek. (if you're intimidated, don't be. Just wash, slice lengthwise, then cut in small pieces. Then run under colander.)
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 full fat can of coconut milk
- 1 large box (32 ounces) of chicken broth.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put large stock pot on high heat.
Add chicken broth and coconut milk.
Chop cauliflower into 6 parts, add to pot.
Add chopped leaks.
Bring to boil. Turn down to simmer for 15 minutes.
Use immersion to blend until creamy and smooth.
Add salt and pepper.
Serve hot! And with grilled wild salmon for extra omega 3's.
You will love this. It tastes SO SO good.
Wait until you see your skin when you wake up in the morning. It's like magic.